This post contains affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
The LED lights on Skullcandy headphones are for warning or notification. It could either blink red, blue, yellow, or white lights. Nevertheless, many users are curious about the reason why their Skullcandy headphones keep blinking red.
Why do Skullcandy headphones keep blinking red? You shouldn’t panic when your Skullcandy headphone keeps blinking red. It is only warning you about a depleted battery or other connection-related issues. Read on for more information on why Skullcandy headphone keeps blinking red.
Reasons why Skullcandy headphone keeps blinking red
It is unusual for Skullcandy headphones to keep blinking red, especially when you handle them properly. Nevertheless, you shouldn’t panic when you notice that your Skullcandy headphone keeps blinking red. Here is a list of some of the reasons why a Skullcandy headphone will keep blinking red.
- Low battery life: It is annoying when you are using the Skullcandy headphone and it keeps blinking red. This might be connected to the headphone’s battery level. The Skullcandy headphone is designed to keep blinking red anytime the battery is less than 30 minutes of use. This is to notify you that you should charge the headphone as soon as possible.
- Discovery or pairing mode: When you power on the Skullcandy headphone, you automatically set it in pairing mode. It will keep blinking red until it is connected to a Bluetooth device.
- Not connected: In a situation where the headphone is unable to pair successfully with a Bluetooth device after an attempt to do so, it will keep blinking red to notify you that it has not been connected to any device. Moreover, if the headphone has been paired successfully with a device and suddenly the device went off, the Skullcandy headphone will keep blinking red to notify you of the latest development.
Troubleshooting when Skullcandy headphone keeps blinking red
When paired successfully and the battery life is also more than 30 minutes of use, it is rare for a Skullcandy headphone to keep blinking red.
However, you can troubleshoot when it happens. Highlighted below are some of the things you can do to fix a Skullcandy headphone that keeps blinking red.
- Charge the headphone: When the battery is lesser than 30 minutes of use, the headphone will keep blinking red to warn you. Make sure you connect the headphone to a power source as soon as you can. Nevertheless, endeavor to plug the headphone directly into a wall outlet.
- Pair it successfully: When the headphone is in pairing mode, it will keep blinking red until it has been paired successfully to a Bluetooth device. Once you notice the continuous blinking of the red light, you should check your Bluetooth device and be sure it has been paired successfully. If not, you can repeat the pairing process. In a situation where you are sure the headphone has been paired successfully but it suddenly blinks red light continuously, you should check the Bluetooth device to know if the headphone is still connected to it.
- Seek help: If you have tried the methods highlighted above and none is working, you should seek help from an accredited Skullcandy agent or a professional technician.
How can I connect Skullcandy headphones to a device?
Connecting the Skullcandy headphone to a device is very simple. You can either connect it wirelessly or through an aux cable. Here is a list of some steps you can follow when you want to connect a Skullcandy headphone to any device.
- Power on the headphone: You should press the power button on the Skullcandy headphone for about 4 seconds until the headphone is turned on. This will automatically put it in pairing mode.
- Turn on Bluetooth: On your device, you should navigate to Settings, Bluetooth, then turn it on. You can then search for available devices, then pair them with your headphone.
- Enjoy your music: Once the devices have been paired successfully, the Skullcandy headphone should stop blinking red. You can then play music on your Bluetooth device.
- Aux cable: Alternatively, you can connect the Skullcandy headphone to a device with an aux cable. You don’t have to worry about battery life if you are doing this. Get a 3.5mm aux cable, connect one end of it into the headphone and the other end into the device. Once the cable is tightly fixed, you can start enjoying the headphone.
Troubleshooting Skullcandy headphones
It is easy to connect the Skullcandy headphone to a device. You can only encounter difficulties in doing this on rare occasions.
Nevertheless, do not panic when it happens because you can fix it yourself within a few minutes. Read on for more information on how to troubleshoot the Skullcandy headphone.
Check for connection
If you are unable to wirelessly connect the Skullcandy headphone to a device, you should first check if the headphone is turned on and it is in pairing mode. You should also check the device to be sure that the Bluetooth is turned on and if it is not connected to another device.
Turn it off
If the devices are not connected to another device, you can turn off the Skullcandy headphone and turn them on again.
Turn off Bluetooth and reboot the device. Afterward, you should turn Bluetooth on again, then attempt to repeat the pairing process with the headphone.
Clear Bluetooth history
The Bluetooth device and the Skullcandy headphone keep a record of pairing history. If trouble persists after trying the steps highlighted above, you can clear Bluetooth pairing history on the two devices.
To do this on Skullcandy headphones, the first thing you should do is to turn them off. You can then hold the volume+ button and the power button on the Skullcandy headphone for 5 seconds.
Navigate to Settings, then Bluetooth on your device, tap on clear pairing history. Once you are through with this, you can then repeat the pairing process.
You are likely experiencing difficulties in pairing the Skullcandy headphone to a device because of the distance between the two devices.
The distance between the two devices should not exceed 10m. In addition, you should clear all forms of physical obstruction between the two devices, if possible.
Remove interfering devices
If the Skullcandy headphone is producing a cracking sound, it could be due to interference from nearby devices or battery life.
If you are sure of the battery level, you should turn off any nearby devices that could cause interference. Also, if any end of the aux cable is not tightly connected to the device, the Skullcandy headphone could produce a cracking sound.
Connect directly into the wall outlet
If you are experiencing difficulty in charging the Skullcandy headphone, you should first check if the charger is rightly plugged into the headphone and the power outlet. You then check if the power outlet is switched on.
It is recommended that you plug the charger directly into a wall outlet. Also, you should check the charging port for possible blockage. If there is any, you should gently clean it off.
In a situation where you have attempted the methods highlighted above and the issue is not resolved, you should seek help from a professional technician or any accredited Skullcandy agent.
Maintenance tips for Skullcandy headphone
The durability of the Skullcandy headphone depends on how you care and handle them. If maintained properly, it could last 10 years or more. Here is a list of what you can do to care for Skullcandy headphones.
Clean the ear cups
If you use the Skullcandy headphone for a longer duration, you should clean the ear cups regularly. Moreover, you should clean it before and after use.
Keep in a safe location
The Skullcandy headphone could be damaged if you keep them on the chair, on the floor, behind the door, or in damp locations. In addition, if you have little children and pets at home, you should keep the headphones in a location where they can’t access them.
When you allow the headphones to fall often, they could get damaged. You should be careful when you handle it and prevent it from possibly falling.
Do not use in bed
The headphone is comfortable on the ear and you might likely decide to sleep while using them. When you do this, it is likely you sleep on the headphone unconsciously, thereby potentially damaging them.
Use recommended aux cable
In a situation where you want to connect the headphone with an aux cable, you should use the 3.5mm recommended aux cable.
Avoid over usage
You can use the headphone as long as you like but this might reduce their lifespan. You should give the headphone some hours of rest also.
Why Do My Skullcandy Headphones Keep Blinking Red – Conclusion
It is not a big issue when the Skullcandy headphone blinks red continuously. You should pay attention to it, know the reason why it blinks red continuously, then quickly resolve the issue. You should read this guide for more information.