This post contains affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
You don’t need a special skill when you want to connect the Skullcandy headphones to any device. It is a seamless process that you will complete within a few minutes. However, because of the peculiar nature of Apple products, many people are bothered if the Skullcandy headphone will work with iPhone.
You don’t have to worry when you have Skullcandy headphones and an iPhone. The Skullcandy headphone will work with any device that has Bluetooth, which makes it easy for it to work with iPhone. Read on for more information on how you can connect a Skullcandy headphone with an iPhone.
Can I connect Skullcandy headphones with an iPhone
The Skullcandy headphone is designed to work with any device that is Bluetooth compatible. Since the iPhone is compatible with Bluetooth, it will be easier to connect the Skullcandy headphone with it.
Highlighted below are some of the steps you can follow when you want to connect the Skullcandy headphone with an iPhone.
- Turn on the headphone: You cannot connect the Skullcandy headphone without turning it on. It is easy to locate the power button on the headphone.
- Activate pairing mode: You should first do this on the Skullcandy headphone. When you want to do this, you should press and hold the pairing point for a few seconds. The power button is also the pairing point. Once you do this, the LED light on the headphone will begin to beep, notifying you that the headphone is ready to pair.
- Turn on Bluetooth: Navigate to Settings on your iPhone, tap on Bluetooth, then turn it on. You can then search for any available Bluetooth device. The Skullcandy headphone name and model number will appear. The headphone will beep to indicate that it has been paired successfully with the iPhone. Also, the LED light might stop flashing. If properly done, you can play music on the iPhone and listen to it on the headphone.
Reasons why the Skullcandy headphone might not connect with your iPhone
It has been stated earlier in this guide that you can connect the Skullcandy headphone with an iPhone. Nevertheless, some users do complain that they are unable to connect the Skullcandy headphone with an iPhone. Here is a list of some of the reasons why you can’t connect a Skullcandy headphone with an iPhone.
- Distance: If the space between the Skullcandy headphone and the iPhone is beyond the recommended distance, likely, they will not pair together. Therefore, make sure the distance between the two devices does not exceed ten meters.
- Physical obstruction: Though connection through Bluetooth is wireless, it might, however, not connect if there is any form of physical obstruction between the Skullcandy headphone and the iPhone.
- Improper pairing: You will hear a sound from the Skullcandy headphone that will notify you of the successful pairing of the Skullcandy headphone with the iPhone. Once you do not hear this sound, it is likely the two devices are not properly connected.
- When the Bluetooth is not turned on: Unconsciously, you might have turned off Bluetooth on the iPhone and you do not know. Also, you might not activate pairing mode on the Skullcandy headphone.
- Pair with another device: In a situation where you are finding it difficult to connect the Skullcandy headphone with an iPhone, the iPhone has likely been connected to another device. You should check the Bluetooth settings for possible connections with another device.
- Do Skullcandy Headphones Come Charged?
- Why Are Skullcandy Headphones Bad?
- Why Do My Skullcandy Headphones Keep Beeping?
- Why Do My Skullcandy Headphones Keep Blinking Red?
What can I do if Skullcandy headphone is not connecting with an iPhone?
Connecting the Skullcandy headphone to an iPhone should not take you more than 2 minutes. However, when you are finding it difficult to connect the devices, you can fix it through any of the following steps.
- Turn of Bluetooth: From your iPhone, you should navigate to settings and Bluetooth, you then turn off Bluetooth.
- Turn off the headphone: You can’t leave the Skullcandy headphone powered on when you want to troubleshoot them. You can turn it off by pressing and holding on to the power button for about five seconds.
- Repeat the pairing process: You can now power on the Skullcandy headphone again and turn on Bluetooth on the iPhone. Afterward, you can then repeat the pairing process. The pairing process of a Skullcandy headphone with an iPhone has been explained earlier in this guide.
- Pair with another device: if you have another iPhone device, you can pair it with the headphone and see if it will work. The fault for not connecting might be from the iPhone.
- Seek counsel: If you have tried all the steps highlighted above and the problem persists, you should contact a Skullcandy accredited agent within your environment. You will be guided on what you can do.
What are the special features of the Skullcandy headphone?
Most headphones in recent times have almost similar features with few differences that separate each brand of headphones makers. Many buyers consider the special features of each pair of headphones before they decide on which brand to buy. Here is a list of some of the special features of the Skullcandy headphone.
- Rapid charge: When you are using the Skullcandy headphone and the battery is low, you don’t have to worry about how soon you will be able to use the headphone again. With 10 minutes of charging, you can gain up to 3 hours of use again.
- Aux option: When the battery is depleted and you want to use the Skullcandy headphone, you can use a 3.5 mm cord to connect the headphone to a device.
- Noise isolating: When you listen to music with the Skullcandy headphone, the noise-isolating feature ensures that the noise in your environment does not affect the sound you listen to. You have an immersive experience of the music.
Maintenance tips of a Skullcandy headphone
When you have a headphone that is functioning optimally, you might not want to buy another one. With continuous usage, you are potentially wearing down the headphone.
Nevertheless, proper care and maintenance will increase the lifespan of the headphone. Here is a list of some things you can do to increase the durability of the Skullcandy headphone.
You are potentially decreasing the lifespan of the Skullcandy headphone when you continuously use them for an extended period. You should allow the headphone to rest occasionally.
Keep away from children
If you have little children or pets at home, you should keep the headphone in a location where they won’t be able to access it. In addition, do not keep it in a damp location or where liquid substances could easily spill on it.
Do not sleep with it
Going to bed with the headphone on is not a safe practice. The headphone could get damaged while you sleep. Therefore, remove the headphone and put them in a safe location before you sleep.
When you are ready to pair the Skullcandy headphone for use, you should clean them with a neat dry cloth. You can also do this when you are through with using the headphone to clean sweat away from them.
Do not allow to fall
The Skullcandy headphone could get damaged when it falls. You should be careful while handling it.
Use recommended cord
When you are ready to charge the Skullcandy headphone, you should only use the recommended cord and plug them directly into a wall outlet.
Also, if you are using an aux cord to connect the headphone to a device, make sure you are using the recommended aux cord.
Give to a professional
In a situation where the Skullcandy headphone is physically damaged or has other technical problems, you should give it to a professional technician who will guide you on what to do.
How can I check the battery level of the Skullcandy headphone?
Checking the battery level of the Skullcandy headphone is very easy. You can check it on the Skullcandy headphone or the paired iPhone.
If you want to check it on the headphone, you should press and hold on to the power button till the LED light displays a white or red light. Y
ou can also do this even if the Skullcandy headphone has been turned off. It will show four white lights when the battery is still on 100%, 3 of such light when it is on 75%, 2 when it is on 50%, 1 when it is on 25%, and 1 red light when it is on 5%.
Also, you can check the top right corner of the iPhone for the battery level. The headphone must be paired with the iPhone before you can see the battery level on the iPhone.
Do Skullcandy Headphones Work With iPhone – Conclusion
You can pair the Skullcandy headphone with any device that has Bluetooth. Since iPhones have Bluetooth, it is possible to connect the Skullcandy headphone with them. Read this guide for additional information on how you can troubleshoot when you are finding it difficult to pair the Skullcandy headphone with an iPhone.