This post contains affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
Bose is known for the production of quality speakers and other sound systems. There is, however, a popular myth that new speakers would be broken before it sounds well because of the stiffness of the components of the speakers. Though this might be true and has made many people apprehensive if this is also true about Bose speakers.
Do Bose speakers need to be broken in? Well, the answer to this question is a relative no. Bose makes use of recent digital technologies in the production of its speakers, therefore, it is needless for you to consider breaking in Bose speakers before it sounds well. Read on for more information on Bose speakers and breaking in.
Reasons why you don’t need to break in Bose speakers
Though the myth might be true as many people confirm that their speakers sound better after breaking it in. Nevertheless, doing this is unnecessary when you have any of Bose speakers. Highlighted below are some of the reasons why you don’t have to break in a Bose speaker before it sounds better.
Equipped with state-of-the-art digital technology
This is one of the things that made Bose products popular among users. Bose speakers are equipped with digital technology such as an inbuilt amp and many more, which makes the speaker sound better. Therefore, it is unnecessary to break in the speaker.
In breaking in a speaker, you have to continuously play the speaker overtime before you achieve the desired sound quality. Bose speakers have been factory tested, all you need to do is to connect it and enjoy quality sound production.
Bose Connect app
On the Bose app, you can do a lot of modifications to the way Bose speakers sound. You don’t have to break in the speaker before you achieve desired sound quality.
Just connect the speaker to the app, then adjust sound production as you desire, thereby making it unnecessary to break in the speaker.
Waste of time
Since you can enjoy quality sound from Bose speakers even when they are new, breaking in the speaker, therefore, becomes a waste of time.
Waste of money
Breaking in a new speaker might not be safe for the speaker if you don’t do it rightly. When you break in the Bose speaker wrongly and the speaker gets damaged, you will have to spend money to either fix the speaker or buy a new one.
- Do Bose Headphones Come With A Case?
- Do Bose Headphones Need Batteries?
- Do Bose Soundsport Work With Android?
Why do I need to break in a speaker?
Breaking in a new speaker is an old practice still held till modern time. Though new speakers are equipped with the latest technology that makes breaking in a new speaker unnecessary, many people, however, still engage in the practice till today. Here is a list of some of the reasons why people break in new speakers.
- Makes it sound better: It is a general belief by many people that new speakers don’t have quality sound production like old speakers, therefore, the need to break in the speaker. The belief is that this will make the speaker sound better with enhanced bass production.
- Activate stiff parts: Being packaged from the factory, it is believed by many people that some parts of the speakers are stiffed and that affects the quality of sound production. Therefore, when they break in the speaker, the stiffed parts will become activated and there will be an improvement in the way the speaker sounds.
- Achieve desired sound: Many people don’t like the sound they hear from their speakers when they newly buy them, therefore, they want to break in the speaker till they achieve their desired sound quality.
How do I break in a speaker?
There is no special skill when you want to break in a new speaker. You must, however, pay attention to certain details and fulfill some conditions. Read on for more information on the things you should do when you want to break in a new speaker.
Connect the speaker to a media player
You cannot break in a speaker when the speaker is not turned on. The first thing you should do is remove the speaker from the package, connect it to a power source, then connect it to a media player.
Play something with a large dynamic range
Breaking in a new speaker requires playing media with a complete media package. You must carefully select a media with a large range.
Strong bass and high-end quality
One of the reasons why you want to break in the speaker is to activate the stiffed components of the speaker. You can only achieve this when you play media with strong bass and high-end quality.
Play it loud
When the speaker is not loud, it becomes difficult to break in the speaker. Make sure you increase the volume of the speaker, not to the maximum level though, but beyond normal.
Play music you are familiar with
When selecting the music you will play when you want to break in a new speaker, make sure you select the music you are familiar with.
This will enable you to track the changes in sound production and to know when you have achieved success in breaking in the speaker.
It is unlikely that you achieve success in breaking in a new speaker with a single attempt. You should repeat the process till you achieve the desired result.
How long does it take to break in a new speaker?
It has been stated earlier in this guide that it is unlikely that you achieve success in breaking in a new speaker in a single or first attempt.
It takes time, patience, and effort before you achieve success. Nevertheless, the duration of breaking in a new speaker depends on the following factors.
The duration involved in breaking in a new speaker depends on the manufacturer of the speaker. Some brands of speakers break in with the first few attempts while other brands might take a longer duration. Also, the model of the speaker you are trying to break in will determine how soon you will achieve success.
You think this is inconsequential, right? Well, you are wrong. The climatic condition of the time you are trying to break in the speaker will determine how soon you will achieve success.
From previous observations, you are likely to achieve success sooner in a hotter environment or climate than in a colder climate. It is, therefore, recommended that you attempt breaking in the speaker when the weather is hotter.
Frequency of usage
It is less likely that you achieve success in breaking in a new speaker within a few trials. It is a process that must be repeated before you achieve success. Therefore, the frequency of using the speaker will determine how soon you will break in the speaker.
The higher the volume of the media you play in the speaker, the easier it is for the speaker to break in. You should play the media louder than normal but not to the maximum level. However, you should be careful when you do this.
There is no specific number of times you should play media on a new speaker before it breaks in. Some speakers break in within the first few hours of use while some may take up to 100 hours. Just repeat the process as long as possible until you achieve the desired result.
Effects of breaking in a new speaker
Breaking in a new speaker is an old practice and the myth has become common among many people. Though it might work, it, however, has some effects, which might not go down well with you. Highlighted below are some of the effects of breaking in a new speaker.
- The speaker could get damaged: You are exposing the speaker to potentially getting damaged when you break it in. You will have to use the speaker for a longer duration and unnecessarily increase the volume beyond normal. If not managed carefully, the speaker might get damaged in the process.
- Harmful to the eardrum: Will you leave the room when you play loud music? I guess you won’t, not even when you have to maintain such a high volume for a longer duration. However, listening to such a high volume can damage your eardrum. It gets more complicated when you have little children at home.
- Noise population: How do you feel when you are resting in the comfort of your apartment and your neighbor plays loud music? You get disturbed, right? That is the same way your neighbor will feel when you play loud music. You could be sued for disturbance if it gets too much.
- Loss of money: You might lose money in the process of breaking in a new speaker, if not done properly. The speaker could get damaged in the process and you have to either repair it or buy a new speaker, which will cost you additional money.
Do Bose Speakers Need To Be Broken In – Conclusion
Breaking in Bose speakers is not compulsory because they are equipped with digital technology that will make them sound better, even when they are new. You just need to adjust sound production on Bose app and you are good to go.