This post contains affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
The amp could be the difference between the sound you hear from a particular speaker and another because it enhances the quality of sound production. Though the Bose headphone is known for quality sound production, many users are, however, curious if they could add the amp to enhance sound production from the Bose headphones.
So, Do Bose Headphones Need An Amp? As a user of the Bose wireless headphone, you should not bother about adding an amp to the headphone.
Interestingly, apart from the noise cancelling feature of the Bose headphone, it also has an inbuilt amp that enhances sound production, thereby improving users’ experience. With few settings on the app, you are good to go. Read on for more information.
Reasons why the Bose headphones do not need an amp
It is likely you might want to improve the sound production of your headphone by using an amp with the Bose headphone.
This is, however, needless because the additional amp will be insignificant. Highlighted below are some of the reasons why you don’t need to add an amp to the Bose headphone.
- It has an inbuilt amp: The quality of sound production and noise-cancelling feature is not the only reasons why the Bose headphones are popular among users. You cannot underestimate the role of an amp in good sound production, hence, the reason why the manufacturer built an amp with the Bose headphone.
- Quality sound production: Though there is an improvement to sound production when you add an amp, you, however, don’t need to add an amp to the Bose headphone because its sound production is of good quality.
- Noise-cancelling feature: The noise cancelling feature of the Bose headphone has made it possible for you to enjoy the sound production without the interference of external sound. You do not need an amp to improve sound production.
- Settings: What an amp will do with the Bose headphone is what you can do with a few settings on the Bose app. Read on for more information on how to do this in this guide.
How can I make the Bose headphone sound better?
When an amp is added to sound production, it enhances productivity and increases users’ satisfaction. The manufacturer of the Bose headphones has considered this and included the amp as one of the inbuilt features of the Bose headphone.
All you need is to set it on the Bose app and you are good to go. Here is a list of the process you should follow when you want to enhance the sound production from Bose headphones.
- Open the app: The first thing you should do is to open the app on your device or download it. You then login into your account. The app is not limited to streaming music alone, you can do a lot of things on the app.
- Navigate to settings: Once the app is opened on your device, click on the headphone icon, if you have more than one Bose product connected to the app. You should then navigate to settings and tap on it.
- Tap on sound: When you have clicked on settings, it will lead you to another page. On the page, navigate to sound, then click on the equalizer.
- Customize the settings: Once the page is opened, you can make use of + or – to increase the bass, or the treble of the Bose headphone. Also, you can use numbers to either increase or decrease the level of bass, treble, and other features.
- Enjoy quality sound production: When you are through with the settings, you can then play any music and listen to it. If you are not satisfied with the sound production, you can repeat the steps highlighted above and make some adjustments till you are satisfied with the production.
- Can You Use Bose Subwoofer With Other Speakers?
- Can You Charge Bose Soundlink Without Cradle?
- Do Bose Soundsport Turn Off Automatically?
Effects of using an amp with Bose headphone
The amp is a great addition to any sound system. However, adding it to the Bose headphone is needless because the Bose headphone has an inbuilt amp.
In a situation where you add an amp to the Bose headphone, you will not like the quality of the sound production. Highlighted below are some of the effects of using an amp with the Bose headphone.
- Unpleasant sound: Though Bose headphones are known for quality sound production that is appealing to the ear, you are, however, likely going to reduce the quality when you add an amp to the headphone. The external amp will alter the design of the Bose headphone and the sound will become unappealing.
- Risk to the ear: The noise cancelling feature of the Bose headphone makes it easy for you to listen to quality sound without external interference, thereby giving you an immersive experience. With the addition of an amp, the designed volume of the headphone could be altered, which might make it harmful to your ear.
- Harmful to the headphone: The Bose headphone has maximum sound output. With the addition of an amp, the volume will be increased, which might be harmful to the headphone. When you use it constantly, the headphone might get damaged.
- Waste of money: It has been stated earlier in this guide that the manufacturer of the Bose headphone has included an inbuilt amp with it, which makes it unnecessary to buy an additional amp. Therefore, buying an additional amp is a waste of money.
What can I do if I don’t want to add an amp to my Bose headphone?
It has been stated earlier that you do not need an amp with the Bose headphone. However, in a situation where you are not satisfied with the volume or quality of sound production from the Bose headphone, instead of adding an amp, you can try any of the tips that will be highlighted below.
Whenever you are not satisfied with the sound from the headphone, do not think of adding an amp immediately. You should first turn it off, wait for a few seconds, then turn it on again. You can then pair it with your device and see if there will be an improvement in the quality of production.
The fault of unappealing sound might not be from the Bose headphone, you can try to play another media or music and see if there will be an improvement in sound production.
Check for physical damage
In your absence or during use, something might have happened to the headphone and you are not aware. Instead of adding an external amp to enhance sound production, you should thoroughly check the headphone to make sure it is in good shape.
Pair with another device
When you play music on a device and it is not sounding the way you want it, you can change the device you are playing the music from.
If you are playing the music from your PC, you can play such music from your mobile device and observe if there is any difference.
Clean the headphone
The fault might be the lack of regular care and maintenance of the Bose headphone, you can clean the ear cups, check the foam, and clean everywhere. This might just be what you need to improve the quality of sound production.
Reset the headphone
Whenever you notice that the headphone is not functioning optimally or the way you like, you can reset the headphone. Just turn it off, wait for 30 seconds, then connect it to a USB cable and plug it directly into a wall outlet.
You should then wait for 5 seconds before you unplug it, you should then wait for another 60 seconds before you turn on the headphone.
It has been said earlier that you can improve the amp of the headphone through settings on the Bose app. Login to your account on the app, then adjust the settings until you are satisfied with the quality of sound production.
Update the headphone
The Bose headphone needs periodic firmware and software updates to make it function optimally. If you notice poor sound production from the Bose headphone, you can check for recent updates of the Bose headphone. If there is any, you should update the headphone.
Service the headphone
Just like any other product from Bose, the Bose headphone needs periodic servicing to continually function optimally. Instead of adding an amp to the headphone, you can service the headphone and see if it will resolve the issue.
Buy a new headphone
There are many models of the Bose headphones with different capacities and features. Instead of adding an amp, which is useless, you can buy another headphone that will meet your needs.
If you are not satisfied with the solutions highlighted above, you can consult any Bose agent within your vicinity on what you can do.
Do Bose Headphones Need An Amp – Conclusion
Most wireless headphones, the Bose headphone inclusive are designed with an inbuilt amp that could enhance the quality of its sound production.
With a few settings on the Bose app, you can adjust the Bose headphone to your desired taste. Nevertheless, constant servicing, updates of firmware, and regular care are also needed to put the Bose headphone in good shape.