This post contains affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
One of the most popular brands that many people consider when buying a headphone is the Bose headphone. It has many features that enhance users’ satisfaction. Nevertheless, in recent times, there is an increase in the buying and use of earbuds and AirPods because of their charging case, hence, the reason why many people do ask if Bose headphones also come with a case.
Do Bose headphones come with a case? Yes, recent models of Bose headphones come with a case. Though it might not be compatible with all Bose headphones, it works perfectly with 700UC and 700 Bose headphones. Read on for more information on Bose headphones case.
Is there a charging case for Bose headphones?
The rise in the use of AirPods and earbuds has increased in recent times. Many users are not comfortable with going around with their earbuds and charging cases.
Bose, as one of the best manufacturers of quality sound systems, has produced a charging case for Bose headphones, especially the Bose 700UC and 700 headphones. It is relatively costlier if you are buying the case alone than buying it with the Bose headphone.
What are the functions of Bose headphones case?
It is unlikely that you will want to buy something that will be useless. Many people do ask about the benefits of Bose headphones case.
Well, buying the Bose headphones case has numerous functions, especially for those who use the headphone for a longer duration or those who have little children at home. Highlighted below are some of the functions of Bose headphone charging case.
It protects the headphone
The Bose headphone is not what you can get at a cheap cost in the market, especially if you are buying the latest models of headphone.
It has numerous state in the art technology that enhances users’ comfort, hence, the need to protect it. It could be easily damaged if you leave it carelessly on the chair, floor, or where little children and pets can easily gain access to it.
Once you are through with the headphone, you can place them in the case, then keep the case in a safe location. The case will protect the headphone against dust, dirt, and other liquid substances. The case will potentially increase the lifespan of the headphone.
If you are going on a long journey, you need something that will be your companion during the duration of the journey.
It is always heartbroken when you are not close to a power source and the battery of the headphone suddenly gets depleted.
With the charging case, you can embark on that journey with the Bose headphone and enjoy the headphone for a longer duration without being bothered about the possibility of a dead battery. The Bose charging case can still give you up to 40 hours of use.
- Do Bose Headphones Need Batteries?
- Can You Charge Bose SoundlInk Mini With USB?
- Do Bose Speakers Need To Be Broken In?
- Do Bose Soundsport Work With Android?
How do I use Bose headphone charging case?
Using Bose headphones charging case does not require a special skill. All you need is to get the Bose charging case and compatible Bose headphones. Here is a list of steps you can follow when you want to use Bose headphones charging case.
- Get a compatible Bose headphone: It has been stated earlier that Bose headphone charging case is not compatible with all models of Bose headphones. Nevertheless, it works perfectly with Bose 700UC and Bose 700 headphones. You are good to go if you have compatible Bose headphones.
- Place the headphone: Once you are ready, just open the case, remove the headphone and place it rightly in the case.
- Connect the charger: Unlike the charging case for earbuds that works wirelessly, you have to connect a retractable USB cable to the Bose headphone. Just pull the charger from the charging case and plug it into the Bose headphone charging case.
- Close the case: Once you have connected the charger to the headphone, you should close the case and zip it. The charging case will give the headphone up to 40 hours of use, which means two full charges of the headphone.
Limitations of the Bose headphone charging case
It has been stated earlier that the Bose charging case gives the Bose headphone up to two full charges of the headphone.
Though this is good as it will allow you to use the headphone for a longer duration without thinking of battery level, it, however, has some limitations. Highlighted below are some of the limitations of the Bose headphones charging case.
- Not wireless: Unlike the earbuds charging case, Bose headphones charging case is not wireless. You have to place the headphone in it, then connect the charger directly into the headphone before it will charge.
- Limited option: If you have the older models of Bose headphones or you don’t have Bose 700UC or 700 headphones, you cannot use the Bose headphone charging case. The charging case is not for all models of Bose headphones.
- Only charge headphones: Though it has a USB cable that ordinarily could have charged a phone, the retractable charger in the Bose headphone charging case will not work with a phone. So, if you are in a situation where you urgently want to charge your phone, the Bose headphone charging case is not an option.
- Not pocket size: If you have the earbud charging case, you can put it in your pocket and take it everywhere you go. The Bose headphone charging case is relatively big and might not fit inside your pocket.
- Unfriendly charger: The Bose headphone charging case comes with a type C USB charger that only charges the Bose headphone charging case. If you attempt to use the charger for your phone, you are practically wasting time.
- Costly: Getting the Bose headphone charging case comes at an additional cost. It is relatively cheaper when you are buying it with a compatible headphone, it will cost you additional bucks if you are buying it separately.
Maintenance tips for Bose headphone charging case
If you have the Bose headphone charging case, you should care for it the way you care for the headphone. You need to take proper care of the charging case if you don’t want to spend unnecessary money buying a new one frequently. Highlighted below are some of the maintenance tips for Bose headphone charging case.
Charge headphone alone
The Bose headphone charging case is designed in a way that it charges only Bose headphones. Do not attempt to charge your phone, lamp, or earbuds charging case with it. You might be potentially damaging the USB cable if you use it for other devices.
Place headphones appropriately
When you want to place the Bose headphone in the charging case, you need to place them rightly. You might be damaging the case if you do not place the headphone rightly.
In addition, do not put headphones and other devices that are not compatible with the charging case inside it because it only works with Bose 700UC and 700 headphones.
Keep it in a safe location
Though the Bose headphone charging case is protecting your headphone, keeping it in an unsafe location can, however, potentially reduce its lifespan.
Do not keep it where little children or pets will have access to it. Also, do not keep it on the chair where you can unconsciously sit on it, on the floor where you can match on it, or behind the door.
Close it always
The only time you can open the charging case is when you want to place the headphone in it for charging or keep after use and when you want to remove the headphone after charging. Insects, dirt, and dust could settle there when you leave it open.
Keep away from liquid substances
You can easily wipe water and other liquid substances away from the outer part of the charging case, it might, however, ruin the internal part of the charging case when it drops there.
If you fail to clean the charging case, dirt and dust could settle on it, especially the charging port, thereby blocking it. Also, a dirty charging case could be the breeding ground for germs and other microorganisms, which is dangerous to your health.
Handle with care
Anytime the charging case falls on the ground, you are potentially reducing its lifespan. When it falls continuously, it might break with time, thereby rendering it useless.
Therefore, you have to handle it with care and be mindful of where you will keep it so that the damage will not be severe when it falls.
Use compatible charger alone
The Bose headphone charging case comes with a type C compatible charger. Use the charger for the case alone and make sure you plug it directly into a wall outlet.
Do Bose Headphones Come With A Case – Conclusion
Bose has a charging case for its headphones but it only works with Bose 700UC and 700 headphones. It will only charge compatible Bose headphones and will not charge your phone. Nevertheless, you should care for it the same way you care for your headphone.