This post contains affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
In recent times, there are many similarities among the features of different entertainment products, such as the Skullcandy Indy and the Apple AirPods. For instance, the charger of one product could fit for another and many more. The resemblance between these two products has made many users ask if the charging cases for AirPods will fit the Skullcandy Indy.
Well, looking at the size and design of the Skullcandy Indy, it is unlikely that it will fit perfectly into AirPods cases. Though it will enter into the case, it will however not fit perfectly into the case. Read on for more information on why the Skullcandy Indy will not fit into AirPods cases.
Why can’t Skullcandy Indy fit perfectly into AirPods cases?
Though the Skullcandy Indy and the Apple AirPods might look similar, they are, however different from one another. In a situation where the Skullcandy Indy charging case is not available and you desire to charge it, the AirPods case is not an option because of the following reasons.
- Design: The design of the Skullcandy Indy is quite different from the design of the Airpod. You can check the ear tip design of both devices. Since the charging case is designed to perfectly accommodate the Airpod, it becomes impossible to use it for the Skullcandy Indy.
- Size: When you compare the size of Skullcandy Indy with Airpod, you will discover that the Indy is longer than the Airpod. The size of the Skullcandy Indy is 2.6 x5.5 x 6.5 inches while that of the Airpod is 1.59 x 0.65 x 0.71 inches. Therefore, the Airpod case can’t fit the Indy.
- Weight: The weight of the Skullcandy Indy is also another reason why it will not fit into AirPods cases. The Skullcandy Indy weighs 10. 5g while Airpod weighs 4.0g, making it impossible for the Indy to fit perfectly in AirPods cases.
Effects of putting the Skullcandy Indy in AirPods cases
Though they both look alike and share almost the same features, the Skullcandy Indy can’t fit in the AirPods cases. Nevertheless, the points highlighted below are the likely things that might happen when you put Skullcandy Indy in AirPods cases.
Difficulty in closing the AirPods case
Well, it has been stated earlier that the Skullcandy Indy is a bit longer than the Airpod. When you attempt to put the Skullcandy Indy in AirPods cases, it will enter but you won’t be able to close the lid of the AirPods case.
The size for a Skullcandy Indy case is 6.2 x 3.4 x 1.7 inches while the size of an AirPods case is 1.74 x 0.84 x 2.11 inches. You will discover that the charging case of the Skullcandy Indy is bigger than an Airpod case.
Inability to charge
You might want to consider using an AirPods case to charge the Skullcandy Indy because of its similar physical look. If you attempt this, the Skullcandy might not charge in the AirPods case because it will not fit perfectly in the case.
You will not be able to close the lid of the AirPods case if you put a Skullcandy Indy in it. In a situation where you want to apply force, the lid will get damaged. Also, you might damage the Skullcandy Indy when you apply force to close the lid of the AirPods case.
If you force the Skullcandy Indy into an Airpod case, the Indy could be damaged, likewise the AirPods case. When this happens, you will have to spend extra money to either buy a new Airpod case or buy a new Skullcandy Indy.
Loss of warranty
You might lose your claim to a warranty if anything should happen to the Skullcandy Indy or the AirPods charging case while you are trying to put the Indy into the AirPods case.
- How Long Do Skullcandy Earbuds Last?
- Why Are Skullcandy Headphones Bad?
- Do Skullcandy Headphones Come Charged?
What can I do if I don’t have the Skullcandy Indy charging case?
In a situation where the Skullcandy Indy charging case is not available due to loss, damage, or theft, the AirPods case is not an alternative. Highlighted below are some of the steps you can take to charge the AirPods or get another charging case.
- Look for an alternative: If you have somebody within your vicinity that uses the Skullcandy Indy, you can seek their help in charging the Indy. It is recommended you do this in the interim till you buy yours.
- Order for a new charging case: On the Skullcandy Indy website, you can order a new charging case that will be delivered to you.
- Buy new Indy: You might not be willing to go through the process of ordering another charging case. You can simply buy another Skullcandy Indy.
- Seek professional help: In a situation where the Skullcandy Indy only got damaged, you can seek help from the Skullcandy agent around your neighbourhood.
How can I check Skullcandy Indy’s battery level?
You might not like it when you are listening to music on the Skullcandy Indy and you have to abruptly end it because of the depleted battery.
Hence, you should constantly monitor the battery level. All you need to do is to open and close the charging case, then monitor the number of lights that will appear on the charging case.
If you notice 3 white lights, the battery is on 100%, it is on 70% when it displays 2 lights, and 30% when it displays one light.
How can I pair the Skullcandy Indy to a device?
Pairing the Skullcandy Indy with a Bluetooth device is very simple. It is something you can finish within a few seconds. Highlighted below are some of the steps you can follow when you want to pair the Skullcandy Indy with a Bluetooth device.
- Remove from charging case: The first thing you should do is to remove the Skullcandy Indy from the charging case, thereby putting it in automatic pairing mode.
- Pair with a device: On the device, you should turn on Bluetooth, search for a nearby device, and then pair with Skullcandy Indy.
How can I operate the Skullcandy Indy?
You don’t have to necessarily control the Skullcandy Indy on the paired device. With a tap on the Skullcandy Indy, you can put it off, increase and decrease the volume, answer a call, and do many other things. Here is a list of some of the things you can do by tapping the Skullcandy headphone.
- Power on: You can press and hold the right bud for 4 seconds.
- Power off: Press and hold the left bud for 6 seconds.
- Play music: You make a double tap on the right bud.
- Volume up: Tap the right bud once.
- Volume down: Tap the left bud once.
- Forward music: Press and hold the right bud for 2 seconds.
- Backward music: Press and hold the left bud for 2 seconds.
- Answer a call: Make a double tap on the right bud.
- Reject a call: Press and hold the right bud for 2 seconds.
- Clear pairing list: You will first disconnect the Indy from any connected device by tapping each bud four times. It will then turn off automatically and clear the pairing list.
Troubleshooting the Skullcandy Indy
It is rare before you encounter any difficulty while trying to pair the Skullcandy Indy. In a situation where that happens, you can troubleshoot with the following steps.
Return into the charging case
Return the Skullcandy Indy into the charging case, close the lid, remove and make attempt to pair again.
Reboot Bluetooth device
If the trouble persists after attempting the step highlighted above, you can turn off Bluetooth, then reboot the device. Once you are through with the rebooting process, you can turn on Bluetooth, then attempt to pair again.
Clear pairing list
The Bluetooth device and the Skullcandy Indy do keep a record of pairing history. You can clear the pairing list on the Bluetooth device and the Skullcandy Indy. Clearing the pairing list on Skullcandy Indy is very simple, just press each bud four times.
You might be experiencing difficulty with pairing the Skullcandy Indy when the distance between the device and the Skullcandy Indy is more than ten meters. Reduce the distance between the devices and attempt to connect again.
Pair with another device
If possible, you should pair the Skullcandy Indy with another device. The problem might be from the Bluetooth device.
If you have tried the steps highlighted above and the problem persists, you can contact any Skullcandy Indy accredited agent, who will guide you on what to do.
Do Airpods Cases Fit Skullcandy Indy – Conclusion
Irrespective of their similar features, the AirPods case cannot fit Skullcandy Indy. In an attempt to put the Skullcandy Indy in the AirPods case, you are potentially damaging the devices. This guide has also explained in detail some other things you need to know about the Skullcandy Indy.